We are super excited that the Queensland Government and Fitness Australia have slightly lifted restrictions as we’re starting to get back to some kind of normality. There are a few very important things you must note as a member so please make sure you read this email entirely.
Social distancing and good hygiene standards remain our top priority over the coming weeks. It has been easy for us to ‘slip into old habits’ but it is essential to ensure you are following social distancing rules by maintaining a 1.5m distance from others – please do not be offended if a staff member reminds you of this while here – these are part of the conditions of the centre being open. In order to prevent a second wave as our borders open and things are getting back to ‘normal’, could we ask that everyone continues to be super diligent wiping down machines and either washing hands or using hand sanitiser on entry and exit to GCPC. Please do not come to the Centre if you are sick or displaying any COVID symptoms. For contact tracing purposes please ensure you check-in at Reception on arrival.
Showers and lockers will open from Monday, however, spas and saunas will remain closed until further notice – we are waiting on industry approved COVID safe plan to be able to open these. Bubblers remain closed as per current COVID regulations
If you are booked into a 4.45am gym time slot for next week, please note our new operating hours as we are no longer required to take bookings for the gym or pool. The gym and pool do not have a 1-hour time limit anymore.
As of midday today we can have increased numbers in our group exercise classes, bookings are still essential and the booking link is now live: www.gcpc.setmore.com.
Please cancel your class or session if you cannot attend. There have been a number of no-shows, and it is especially important to cancel if you have a booking during peak time to offer an opportunity for another member to attend. Please cancel more than 3 hours before a session through one of the following ways:
- Cancel through the link in your confirmation email (this is a new feature)
- Cancel by logging into Setmore
- Go to the booking page and log in as if you were going to make an appointment
- On the top right corner (once logged in) there is a drop-down arrow where you can select ‘my schedule’
- Next to your upcoming bookings will be a little pencil to edit the booking.
- If you click the pencil you can edit the appointment yourself.
- Facebook DM us your session/class time and date
- Call Reception 07 5500 9988
Thank you so much for your co-operation on this!
GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES, GYM AND POOL CAPACITY
From Saturday, we hit stage 3 of the Road to Recovery Plan, this means we can increase the number of participants in classes and gym! WOO!
- Gym – 80
- Spin Room – 17
- Main Group Exercise Studio – 36
- DWEX – max 20 people per lane and max 60 people per class
- Aquafit – 30
- 20m pool – max 10 people per lane
- 50m pool max 30 people per lane for lap swimming
— it is essential to maintain 1.5m social distancing — If you cannot comply with this, you will be asked to leave.
Don’t forget to spread the word and make your bookings!
We have received notification from Fitness Passport Management that Fitness Passport will be reopening on the 10th of July. If you have any questions about your FP membership or if you’d like to join up to FP – please speak to them directly.
NEW OPENING HOURS
- Monday – Thursday – 5AM – 8PM
- Friday – 5AM – 6:30PM
- Saturday 7am – 12noon
20m & 50m POOL HOURS
- Monday – Thursday – 6AM – 6.30PM
- Friday – 6AM – 4PM
- Saturday 7am – 11:45am
- Monday to Friday – 7:30am – 11:30am
- Monday to Wednesday – 3:30pm – 6pm
- Saturday – 8am – 11.30am – starting Saturday 18th July
- Bookings ESSENTIAL – maximum of 20 children per timeslot – call Reception 5500 9988
Don’t forget to “Get in, train, get out” for COVID-safety. Please DO NOT remain at the Centre catching up with friends this includes the carpark.
The Police and Council are inspecting facilities to ensure that members, staff, and facilities are adhering to COVID-19 safety responsibilities and regulations; fines and closures are applicable. We really appreciate the commitment each of you are making to keep GCPC clean and safe – thank you!
Team Gold Coast Performance Centre