Are you thinking of visiting the Gold Coast in Winter? With a profound catalogue of activities, our beautiful city, known for over 300 days of sunshine per annum, has so much to offer.
The beauty of living and working on the Gold Coast is that even our coldest day are enviable by most standards. Below is a list of experiences that the locals enjoy on a chilly winters day, to provide inspiration to book your next trip!
- Go to the beach – always top of the list on the Gold Coast. Our beaches are spectacular and the locals all have our favourite spots, but one beach has recently been voted Best Swimming Spot in the Wotif Uniquely Aussie Awards – Tallebudgera Creek. This beautiful beach has the choice of calm water or surf breaks, the water is crystal clear and the sand is powder white. Get there early – tourists and locals love this spot. If it’s a little chilli, there is a beautiful walk around Burleigh Headland well worth it.
- Visit the Green behind the Gold – the hinterland behind the beach strip has some of the most beautiful bushwalks and mountain streams in the country. If our beaches weren’t so beautiful we would be known for our hinterland. Some well-worn tourist walks include Natural Bridge at Springbrook and Purling Brook Falls but the locals enjoy Witches Falls and the no walk option – Best of All Lookout
- Gold Coast Marathon is held every year in July and is one of the most scenic marathons in the world. The Gold Coast has quite an active population and many locals enter this race. The BLK Performance Centre enters a team every year, this year there is a team of over 100 members, locals and their families – yes it’s a pretty big deal on the Gold Coast. Many athletes stay at the BLK Performance Centre and enjoy the recovery facilities on offer.
- Picnic in the Park – The City of Gold Coast has some beautiful parks with everything you need to enjoy some sunshine and a BBQ with the family. Local top picks include Paradise Point Parklands located along the Broadwater with a swimming enclosure and play area for the kids with cafés and bars for the parents. Broadwater Parklands is a family wonderland with the Rock Pools water park, bouncy jumping pillow and again the beautiful Broadwater.
- Check out some stellar sport, the Gold Coast is home to many top sporting teams and winter is when the field sports come alive, you have plenty of games to choose from featuring AFL Gold Coast Suns and NRL Gold Coast Titans. For some grassroots action check out the World Sport Rugby Carnival featuring schoolboy teams from all over Australia and New Zealand played at the Runaway Bay Sporting Precinct. Why not get a group together and stay in one of the BLK Performance Centre Lodges and make a weekend out of it.
As you can see the Gold Coast has a lot to offer during the winter months, so give yourself a wintervention and join the locals for some fun in the winter sun. BLK performance Centre has accommodation available for group bookings from $25 per night. For more details contact email@example.com